Monday, February 5, 2007

Welcome

As I was driving home today, I was thinking about how I'm doing on my budgeting and other areas of personal finance when it hit me...I LOVE PERSONAL FINANCE. I've grown up carefully managing my money, aceing my high school Money Management class, and aspired to become a Personal Financial Adviser. I think about personal finance issues all the time...both my own and in trying to help others. I Tivo The Suze Orman Show and friends have come to call me "Suze" on occassion. I get financial magazine subscriptions as Christmas gifts and my leisure books of choice are those related to personal finance. Perhaps I am just obssessed with money...but aren't obsession and compulsion symptoms of passion?! So, I thought of this as a good thing.

In my recent obsessions with personal finance issues, I was doing some research on the internet and stumbled across someone's blog that was dedicated to personal finance and documented their journey to reach their short-term and long-term monetary goals (save $100,000 in cash for a home down payment and reach a net-worth of $1 million, respectively). Since I found it, I've been catching up on bits and pieces when I have free time. It's interesting learning new things and hearing new perspectives. Then it hit me...I should make my own money blog to share my passion and knowledge with my family and friends.

The disclaimer: Even though I have taken a personal financial planning course in graduate school where our assignment each week was to say "I am a financial planning expert," outloud and with a straight face, my knowledge is nowhere near complete and I am in no way responsible for the actions my readers chose to take after reading my blog (although feel free to credit me with any positive results that may occur!). I hope to offer information that you may not have known and share a new perspective on personal finance, but like everything you read on the Internet, it is someone's opinion and should be treated as such. I may not always have the best advice, but hey, it's FREE!

No comments: